Saturday 23 June 2012

A Chip Off The Old Block...


I forgot to take pics as I went along...Oops.....I really need to get into the habit....

But this is a cool, super easy, super fun project to indulge in.  All you need are wooden blocks, sandpaper, acrylic or folk paints, stickers or rub-on transfers, magazine cut-outs, stamps, ink, and Modge Podge!  What you use or need just depends on how you want the final output to look.

First what you'll want to do is, sand down any of the rough edges.  You don't want anyone getting splinters (trust me!  I speak from experience!).   Next, apply the paint and let dry for a few hours.  The good thing is, with wood, the paint absorbs quite well.  Then, you'll want to apply your stickers and transfers (or, you can always use magazine pieces as well).  Just use Modge Podge to glue on any paper.  Then, just coat with 1-2 layers of Modge Podge!

Now, if I had had more time, I would have done some sponge painting in a variety of colours around the edges of the blocks just to jazz them up a bit more!  You can also use little gems or stamps and ink (which I did use a little bit on these blocks..but you can't really see that from the pictures I posted).  There are lots of great things you can do with these little guys!

Enjoy!

A.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment