Sunday 17 June 2012

Happy Fathers Day!

So I decided to get creative yet again (surprise surprise).

Two super easy crafts to go with my dad's main gift of American money for one of his upcoming trips.

I got both ideas online but modified each slightly...



The first thing I made was the jar (I filled it with almonds for my dad).  All you need for this gift is: A jar and black paint pen.  I got the idea online from a site that sells these little decals to put on jars.  Why bother with the decals when you can make it yourself?


So easy!  All you need to do is draw the image I have up top on a jar with a paint marker.  I'm a perfectionist, so I usually sketch it on a piece of paper and fold it in so I have it there in case I need it.  The good thing with paint markers, is that although they are permanent, you can usually take off a little mistake if you make one with rubbing alcohol.

And the little monster below was originally designed as a cell phone charger (you poke a hole through and fun the charger through) but I decided to use it as a cell phone holder instead.  I knew my dad would be cursing if I looped his charger through.  All you need for this little guy is: Fake fur, big googlie eyes, a glue gun, felt, scissors, and clay!  I wish I had taken pictures during the process..but I was in a wee bit of a hurry......I really have become a last minute gal......

All you do is get a big glob of clay.....punch your hand into the middle and shape it so there's an area to set your cell phone in.  Then...let the clay dry over night......bust out the glue gun and fur.  Glue the fur onto the little monster.  Glue the googlie eyes on wherever you wish.  Cut out a circle from felt....shove it into the mouth just to make sure it fits right....don't just assume it will....Once you've double checked it, glue it into the mouth and voila!  Good to go!


Happy Fathers Day to all the Fathers and Fathers-to-be!!

A.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment