Sunday 16 September 2012

The Annual Autumn Tradition....

I got busy working on my annual autumn tradition for the kids at work.

This is super easy and the kids LOVE them.  They last for months as well!  You could even do something like this instead of carving a pumpkin at Halloween.

All you need are the little gourds that look like mini pumpkins, paint (I use acrylic), and paint brushes.

I always wash the gourds down and then let them dry for an hour or so.  Don't paint on them when they are slightly damp.  Otherwise the paint will come right off.

Here are my little guys beforehand:


Then I painted different faces with different expressions and different eye colours.  So that once I was done, the gourds ended up looking like this:





And last but not least, the final group shot:


A.A.


No comments:

Post a Comment