Wednesday 12 December 2012

Cute Little Winter Treat!

I hate this...I have a couple of little projects/gifts that I've made in the past month or so....but I can't post them yet.....I can't post pictures.....yet.....with my luck, if I did post pictures..... the receivers of the gifts would check my blog out and see what they were getting!

So I've got a little post to tie you over...

I made these a few weeks ago for Christmas party #1 and they were a hit! (and tasted good too!).


They take some time to decorate, and you need to be patient and have a steady hand.....but they're totally worth it!

Here's what you'll need:
-Sugar cookie mix/ingredients
-Large marshmallows
-Icing (I used: black, orange, green, brown)
-Vanilla icing
-Cooking spray

Here's how to make 'em!:

1. Bake some sugar cookies (I used the Betty Crocker Sugar cookie mix - I wasn't making them from scratch when I knew it would take a while to decorate them....).
2.  After the cookies are baked and cooled, fill a bowl with vanilla icing and put it in the microwave to melt the icing so that it becomes a liquid.  I used a small bowl and only put a bit of icing in at a time - it only took about 30 seconds to melt a small bowl.
3. Take a spoon or small ladle and slowly pour a small amount of icing onto each cookie.  If you melt the icing it gives the "melted" look to the snowman (which is exactly what you're going for here).
4. Spray a small amount of cooking spray onto your large plate.  Place marshmallows spaced apart on your plate.  Place in the microwave for about 40 - 60 seconds.  Pull out.
5. Place a marshmallow on each cookie.  When you're pulling them off the plate they will bend and warp (don't worry!  They're supposed to!).
6. Let cookies sit for a while (30 minutes or so) that way your icing and marshmallows will settle.
7. Use your icing to decorate your melted snowmen! Draw on your eyes, carrot nose, scarves, twig arms, buttons, etc! (You could also use chocolate chips for the buttons).

Enjoy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment